The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will come into force on May 25, 2018. This regulation concerns the management and protection of the personal data of European citizens.
Below you will find more information on how Escil collects, uses and protects personal data.
Escil respects your privacy and your rights when collecting and using your data. We are transparent about what data is collected and why. We regard your data as valuable assets and protect it as such. We do not sell your data to third parties, nor will we do so in the future. Below we explain what type of information we collect and what we do with it afterwards. The privacy statement explains what personal data we collect, directly or indirectly, from and about you and how we subsequently use it.
2. What kind of data do we collect?
Escil may collect and process personal data about you when you use its services and/or because you have provided it to Escil by filling in the Escil contact form.
Escil may collect and process the following personal information (not falling into special categories):
- Your name and surname
- Your contact details
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- The name and address of the company you work for
- Your IP address
- Information about the products and services you have purchased
3. How do we collect your information?
You can share your data with Escil in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- by buying or renting a product or service through Escil ;
- by communicating with Escil about a product or service, for example by requesting delivery, installation or billing information;
- by contacting one of Escil’s employees by e-mail, telephone or in writing;
- by subscribing to Escil mailings;
- by participating in a trade fair, event, webinar, training course, etc.
Escil may receive your personal data if you are a customer of Escil, a sister company of Escil or a company acquired by Escil. Escil can also acquire personal databases, only via third parties who are also obliged to comply with privacy legislation.
If you do not want Escil to use your personal data that you yourself have not provided to Benelux Scientific, please let us know via email@example.com.
4. Why do we need your data?
Escil collects and processes your personal data mainly in order to be able to contact you by telephone and/or in writing (by e-mail and/or post).
In addition, Escil may also use your personal data for the execution of an agreement.
Your data may be collected and processed for other purposes, as listed below in a non-exhaustive manner:
- to provide the possibility to order items via the website and to use all the features and services of the website,
- process your order and/or inform you of its progress,
- advise and help you in the use of the device you have purchased from us,
- react optimally to any possible complaints,
- be able to inform you in an optimal way, with your consent, about our new products, services or promotions,
- communicate with you, with your consent, by sending you electronic newsletters,allow you to register for an event, a training, a webinar, …
5. How long do we keep your data?
Escil keeps personal data (which does not fall into a particular category) for a minimum period of time and no longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data was collected. You may at any time request that your data be deleted from our database.
6. With whom do we share your data?
Escil only passes on your personal data to third parties (carriers, subcontractors, etc.) if this is necessary for the execution of your contract or to meet its legal obligations.
This may include, but is not limited to, the following parties:
- Sister companies and Escil’s mother
- Suppliers of Escil
- Collaborators of Escil
- Escil employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data and your privacy.
Escil uses mailing tools to send advertisements; these tools belong to third parties who are also obliged to comply with the privacy law. These mailings are mainly sent to you to inform you about new products or services, invite you to events and webinars, send you a satisfaction survey, etc.
Escil has various websites. These record general information about visitors, such as the IP address of the computer, the time of the search and the data transmitted by the browser. Escil does not use or pass on this information to third parties.
9. Google Analytics
Escil uses Google Analytics, Adwords and Search Console to check how users surf its websites and evaluate the effectiveness of Adwords in Google search results.
Google uses this information to report to Escil how the websites are used and the effectiveness of the campaigns. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so or if these third parties process this information on behalf of Google. Escil has no influence in this respect, but does not allow Google to use the information obtained in this way for other Google services.
10. Your rights
You can always ask to consult your personal data, to rectify them or, if you wish, to exercise your right to digital oblivion. If necessary, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can delete your data from our files.
If you no longer wish to be invited or to receive mailings or other information, please let us know by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function displayed at the bottom of our mailings or via email@example.com.
11. Backup of your data
Escil can back up your personal data in a Cloud. This means that your personal data can be processed and stored in different locations, at Escil’s request, by a cloud service provider. Escil has taken contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose security measures on its Cloud Service Providers, including a requirement that your personal data may only be processed for the purposes mentioned above.
Escil takes the protection of your data very seriously and takes adequate measures against misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unlawful alteration of your data.
If you have the impression that your data is not sufficiently protected, that there are grounds for suspicion of possible misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of your data, please contact Escil via firstname.lastname@example.org.